Negotiation is a skill that lies at the very heart of business and anyone can benefit hugely from improving their negotiation abilities.
This fast-paced, interactive seminar is designed to enhance your performance – in terms of both skills and confidence – in a wide range of difficult negotiation situations where you need to influence discussions and communicate persuasively.
You will cut through what is often seen as a mysterious art and develop a structure and set of principles for getting the best deal in any situation.
Delegates will come away with a framework for creating sustainable, win-win solutions and with confidence they can deal with, persuade and influence the toughest of negotiators.
It uses the latest thinking from the Harvard Negotiation Project to achieve successful agreements, using powerful tools to deal with the most complex of multi-party, dynamic negotiations. It also provides insight into the nature of power and trust in a negotiation and their critical importance.
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the 5 principles of successful negotiators, using the Harvard approach.
- Create extra value in deals to develop mutually beneficial win-win solutions.
- Close the deal, confident it will be implemented as agreed
- Get into the minds of their negotiating counterparty to identify a more effective strategy
- Call on a repertoire of advanced techniques to get around any impasse in the negotiation due to conflicting demands.
- “Negotiate backwards” to successfully resolve complex, multi-party, dynamic situations
- Build a compelling case to persuade the other party.
- Know when and how to employ power for optimum effect and know how to achieve their outcome even when all the power is stacked against them
- Know when you can trust and how you can increase the other person’s trustworthiness
- Know what to do if you cannot trust the other person.
This extremely valuable course is led by dBg’s specialist Negotiation consultant Simon Horton who has over 10 years experience as a Negotiation Skills trainer having worked with hostage negotiators, leading law firms, banks and other global businesses and is a Visiting Lecturer atImperial College London, a Member of the Association of Business Psychologists, and an author.
dBg is an LETG Recommended Training Provider and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority as a CPD/PSC training provider.
“Excellent speaker – best course in the City”
Vice President, Barclays
“The speaker’s enthusiasm and knowledge of the subject was great.”
In house Counsel, Aviva
“Well-presentined, thought provoking, stimulating and fun”
David Goldberg, QC