"The course was excellent and thoroughly enjoyable."
Danielle McGonigle, Graduate Recruitment and Development Manager, Rabobank
"Very good. Much better than the competitors I've seen."
Richard Viegas, Bristows LLP
The importance of acquiring and mastering the skills of how to create and deliver a presentation cannot be underestimated in today's business world.
The de Burgh Group specialises in training leading professionals in the techniques involved in the construction of dynamic presentations, how to use language and rhetoric effectively and in the delivery of successful presentations with power, passion and persuasion.
We offer half, one and two day PRACTICAL & BESPOKE courses (in-house or residential)
- First Presentation Skills
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Advanced Presentation Skills
First Presentation Skills
This is ideal for graduate and trainee level and for anyone who is relatively new to presenting and serves as a valuable foundation from which to develop.
Effective Presentation Skills
For the more seasoned presenter, this course offers a chance to practice and develop new skills in the art of presenting and focusses more on the details of structure and delevery including the use of visual media.
Advanced Presentation Skills
Experienced presenters need to practice their skills, more so the higher their responsibility, and we look at the details of developing a key message, delivering key objectives to an audience and inspriring confidence in any public speaking role.
In all our courses, delegates will engage extremely practically and will present either work or non work related presentations (at differing length and level of technical delivery according to which course) and these are filmed for feedback purposes.
Key elements covered in the courses:
- Examining what makes an effective presenter
- Looking at the differences between public speaking and everyday communication
- Exploring the effects of posture and presence on presentations
- Engaging the breath to combat nerves, support the voice and establish impact
- Vocal skills including pace, pitch and pause
- Looking at using gesture and eye contact effectively
- Holding an audience with energy and enthusiasm
- Developing a natural and confident style
- Constructing a dynamic presentation – planning, structure and clarity
- Persuasive language and rhetoric
- Timing, intonation and body language
- Dealing with questions and interruptions
- Understanding the audience adn their needs
- Adapting to the surroundings
- Using visual media effectively
We will listen to your specific needs and requirements and advise accordingly before designing and a bespoke programme for your approval.
We are regulated and authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and recommended by the LETG
Confidentiality is guaranteed at all times.
To book a consultation or talk about one-to-one training please contact us.